GRAND ISLE, La. (CBS Houston) — A Louisiana man died after contracting flesh-eating bacteria while fishing in the Gulf of Mexico.

The Town Talk reports the bacteria known as Vibria vulnificus – which is found in warm seawater – killed the 83-year-old man after his open wound got infected when water splashed on him during a fishing trip.

“It thrives in warm water,” Dr. Tina Stefanski of the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals told KATC-TV. “So, you can imagine in the summer months we see an increased number of this type of bacteria in warm salt water.”

The department is warning swimmers and beach-goers to be careful in the warm water, especially ones with open wounds.

READ THE ARTICLE HERE

beyond tangy tangerine

Order Beyond Tangy Tangerine from the Infowars Team

Advertisements

About wiczend

I'm an Independent Representative of Youngevity and publish this blog to help promote our nutritional products like Beyond Tangy Tangerine as well as spread Dr. Joel Wallach's 90 For Life message. I am always looking for others to join my team so if you're interested in the home-based business opportunity, please let me know. I thank you for visiting!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s